James Michael Schulz

1948-2014
James Michael “Mike” Schulz, age 66, passed away unexpectedly on February 24th, 2014. Mike was born in Okmulgee, Oklahoma, January 24th, 1948. Mike was married to Beverly Ellen Anderson of Grantsville in 1973. He served three tours of duty in Vietnam for the Army. Mike was a member of the Teamsters Union Local 222, after working several years in construction trades. An accomplished truck driver, he drove over one million miles without an accident. A die hard Pontiac enthusiast, Mike loved fast cars and drag races, he also loved music ranging from soul and jazz to early rock n’ roll. Mike is survived by his two daughters Leona (Alex) Smith of Salt Lake City and Catherine (Morgan) Velasquez of Tooele. Mike found great joy in watching his daughters sing and dance. He is also survived by his sister Mary (Angelo) Casserino of Lebanon, Oregon. He was preceded in death by his wife, Beverly, and his parents. A visitation will be held from 6-8pm Monday, March 3rd, 2014 at the LDS chapel located at 415 West Apple Street, Grantsville, Utah 84029. A memorial service will be held the following day, Tuesday, March 4th at 11am with a one hour visitation prior to the service. The memorial service will be held at the same LDS chapel. Services entrusted with Didericksen Memorial, 435-277-0050.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to know that you are gone. We will miss you so much; your funny laugh, and never quite knowing what you will be up to next. Rest in Peace, my dear borthr. Love, Sis (& Cass, too)

anndownum said...

Mary liz I loved being with you when we were kids. Loved your mom and dad very much

dale boatright said...

I have many fond memories of mike,mary liz, Lloyd and mary--mike will always be remembered--your cuz dale boatright

Anonymous said...

Dorie and I are going to miss you very much Mike! Sorry that I didn't take the time to go to lunch with you, time just go's by to fast. Your thoughts and prayers are with your daughters. Love Boyd & Dorie

Anonymous said...

One of the most precious parts of my life,Michael,was the friendship that developed into love late in our lives.I miss you everyday and I see your smiling face and the beautiful.honest eyes you will always have in my mind and in my heart. I am happy that you are at peace now and that you have been reunited with your beloved Bev. You two were always great together and so it shall always be. I miss your laughter and how much you love your f amily and cars and friends ...actually labout everything. Mikie I love you always and until we meet again I remin eternally, Your Valentine Ellie